If you believe you have identified Copyright violations, please notify us at: Copyright@NewYorkMakers.com.
The phrase “personal information” refers to information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified. We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and any other NYSOM website(s), mobile applications, when you email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our affiliates and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter and/or other social media handle(s), postal and email address, or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our site(s)
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you may install our mobile applications
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our website(s)
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our site(s) and mobile applications. This information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to discover how subscribers use our daily site and services. The information we may collect by automated means includes, but is not limited to:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our site(s)
- Dates and times of visits to our site(s)
- Information on actions taken on our site(s) (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our website(s)
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our site(s)
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at our website(s), and manage and maintain your account on the site(s)
- Provide products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our site(s)
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our website(s), social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about NYSOM, including on our website(s) and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our site(s), applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our site(s), mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our site(s)
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our affiliate companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to NYSOM’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain NYSOM site features or offerings.
Here are the choices we offer:
Sharing Information with Business Partners
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our site(s).
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our site(s) by our web analytics vendor by emailing us at Info@NewYorkMakers.com. For opting out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our mobile site(s), email us at Info@NewYorkMakers.com.
To opt out of receiving marketing communications through the advertising networks of our ad network vendors, please email us at Info@NewYorkMakers.com.
When you use a NYSOM application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our site(s)’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
Access and Correction
You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information using the online account you may establish on our website(s). In addition, if you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us at info@NewYorkStatesOfMind.com. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial.
Links to Other Websites
Our website(s) may contain links to third party site(s) as part of our service and for your convenience and information. NYSOM is not responsible for the content or use(s) of any website(s) not affiliated with NYSOM. Please review those sites’ individual privacy practices to determine how they treat user information.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your NYSOM account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our site(s). Please note that we will never ask for your NYSOM account user name or password via email.
NYSOM does not direct its website(s) to children under the age of thirteen. We require registered users of the site to be at least eighteen years old. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
How to Contact Us
Effective Date: October 1, 2013