A founding principle of New York States of Mind is that there's more than one way of looking at the same thing. Meet two of NYSOM's friends in Albany: Judy and Jodi. Read on for their unique Albany states of mind, verbatim.
The best resources for learning about Albany:
Your go-to locale for...
A night out with friends:
- JUDY heads to: Creo. It has a great tuna dish.
A glass of wine or cocktail:
The hotel you always book or recommend to friends, and why:
- JUDY sends guests to: Union Gables [in] Saratoga Springs. It's elegant, but cozy and inviting. And it's just down the street from the Saratoga Race Course...no better place [to be] during the Saratoga racing season.
The ONE thing visitors must see or do, and why:
Your favorite hidden (or not so anymore) gem, and why:
Number of hours or days required in town for the "full" experience:
- JUDY declares: 4 hours will cover the highlights.
- JODI says: 6 [hours]
The town is great for what type of visitor:
- Mostly those interested in politics or political history. [However,] it's a great jumping-off point to explore Saratoga [Springs], the Adirondacks or the Hudson Valley.
JODI thinks Albany is perfect for people who like to:
- CELEBRATE (the host with the most/ladies who lunch)
- DECORATE (the shopper with great style)
- RECREATE (the adventure-seekers and fitness gurus)
- And who: Historicate! Albany has wonderful tours and history, beyond the "curate" title above. I recommend Quackenbush Square or a local boat tour.
The town is best explored by...
The town is best explored in what season?
- JUDY: Spring, Summer.
- JODI: Autumn.
[Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Leave a comment